Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center
Winners must claim their room by calling the hotel between January 21, 2013 and February 4, 2013. You will need to provide your raffle number along with your name, which will be matched to the list we provide the hotel. You will need to provide a personal credit card number to guarantee your reservation. Any rooms left unclaimed by 4:00 p.m., February 4, 2013 will be returned to the VCCS for reassignment.
To view the Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center floor plan, click here.
Registrants can book a room in our block at the Sheraton Roanoke Hotel, available now through March 12, 2013 or until the block sells out. Please call (800) 325-3535 or (540) 563-9300 and be sure to ask for the VCCS New Horizons room block. The room rate is $96/night for single or double occupancy, and includes free high speed Internet and parking. There will be a dedicated shuttle providing door-to-door service between Hotel Roanoke and the Sheraton Roanoke for the duration of the conference.
VCCS New Horizons Housing Policy
- The VCCS will cover one night’s lodging and tax for every employee whose campus is 50 or more miles from the Hotel Roanoke, full-time and adjunct alike.
- Employees who share a room are entitled to two nights’ coverage (one night per employee). The name of the roommate must be listed with the hotel.
- Employees who book as a single are responsible for the second night’s accommodations themselves.
- The VCCS room rate at the Hotel Roanoke for 2013 is $118 for single or double occupancy, and includes free Internet. Self-parking is $7.00/night and is the responsibility of the individual.
- The VCCS room rate at the Sheraton Roanoke is $96 single or double occupancy, and includes free Internet and parking.
Hotel Cancellation Policies
Hotel Roanoke & Conference Center: After Friday, March 15, 2013 at 4:00 p.m., one night’s room and tax is non-refundable. If you find you must cancel after the cutoff, please inform our office and we will arrange to transfer your reservation to a colleague. Otherwise, if you cancel your room with the hotel, your personal credit card will be charged one night’s room and tax.
Sheraton Roanoke: A 72-hour cancellation policy applies.
Pick up and drop off for the Sheraton will be the main entrance. You are welcome to wait in the lobby. Pick up and drop off for the Hotel Roanoke and Conference Center will be the North Entry Courtyard, accessible from the doors behind the New Horizons registration and information desk.
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Shuttle service commences at 10:00 a.m. from the overflow hotels and will run continuously with the final pick up at the Hotel Roanoke at 7:15 p.m. following the close of the Excellence in Education reception.
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Shuttle service commences at 6:30 a.m. from the overflow hotels and will run continuously with final pick up at the Hotel Roanoke at 10:30 p.m.
Friday, March 23, 2012
Shuttle service commences at 6:30 a.m. from the overflow hotels and will run continuously with final pick up at the Hotel Roanoke at 12:15 p.m. following the closing ceremony.